Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fame is just achieving your dreams in the spotlight.

I remember my first big show. Taste of Chaos. The band members seemed so famous, not like real people. Then time passed. I moved to university and started going to shows in a completely different scene. It was different thats all. The aquired taste of small shows became the scene I most often enjoyed. Occassionally I would talk to a band member in passing or as I picked up their newest cd. Then it all changed. We talked. It evolved. A voicemail. Another call. Breakfast. The park. And for once I realized you were just another person trying to achieve your dreams. You just happened to be doing it in front of people. But you were just like me in so many ways. I forgot how much this meant until the other day.
I saw you. And as we took those moments to reconnect, aim for tradition (regardless of it falling through). I remembered that just because you were signed and basically famous it didnt change the fact that you were human. It was just like chatting with an old friend. I love that you are achieving your dreams and that I can watch that and we can catch up when your tours allow.

The point of it all is that its principal and perspective. When you stop and just look at things for what they really are it can change everything. The moment I realized you were just another chill guy I looked at you like a friend and not like someone that I could never connect with. The principal was that you remembered it all. You saw me and it was not like I had been gone and you had been touring it was like hey whats up.

So basically, congrats on achieving your dreams, you know I am proud of you and supporting you. And ultimately when that happens for me I know you will be stoked for me, just like a friend, not like a famous ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment