Thursday, September 17, 2009

Reason, Season or Lifetime?

Once you told me that everyone comes into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. I immediately crossed my fingers, secretly hoping you were a lifetime, although I knew you were definitely at least a reason.

Just in thinking about it I sometimes can see what people were and why.

As I tend to keep my blog ambiguous I do not feel like that should be changed, ergo this shall be general, yet inspiring to someone I hope.

I can see those people that I needed at certain stages, someone that knew what I was going through or someone to listen to me. Looking back at freshman and sophmore year there were more of you than anyone could imagine. Those were reasons.

Seasons tend to be those that I lived with for a few months or such, perhaps co-workers for a time. People I associate with but never really connect with. We all know those situations. Perhaps they are not even ideal, but regardless, I learned something. And anytime you recieve a lasting learning experience from someone you can recognize their purpose in that stage of your life.

Lifetime. Those are the best friends. The people that you keep in touch with no matter what. The ones that I see everytime I go home. The ones you think about when you least expect it. The ones that you are constantly reminded up but dont generally admit. Plus my family. And those people that create such an impact that you cant ever forget or let go of. Those are my favourite. So as I sit here with my organic chemistry beckoning I just smile. I mean I basically have the best people in for the long haul. I am just saying.

Regardless. Thank you. Thank you to those who fulfilled their reason when I needed someone more than anyone could know. And for those that in our season together helped me grow. And here is a pre-thanks, to those who are sticking around for a lifetime. As JD would say on Scrubs, I feel like I am on an emotional rollercoaster... haha I just feel like I am on a rollercoaster and its nice to know its full or people that are changing my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment